Happy Monday, friends! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Sephora has an amazing event going on right now so I thought I would share a few of my go to’s. I only recommend items I have personally tried and loved. TODAY is the last day of the sale so shop away!
Somedays I feel like I am purely being held together by self-tanner and dry shampoo 😝 As most know, I am not big into doing my own makeup. Every time I attempt a smokey eye I end up looking like a raccoon with great hair. That being said, I usually get my makeup done if we are going out for any type of event. However, I can manage the basics for a day to day look. Some light foundation, bronzer and a dash of blush. BAM. I did it. Most days, or when we travel, I use a foundation from Michael’s off (either oxygenetix or lira) to help keep my skin happy and healthy. Somedays, or nights, if I am doing my own makeup, I want a little more coverage so I use my favorite foundation from Sephora.
Daily go to’s I am linking below
- Yves Saint Laurent brightening pen. I discovered this a few years ago and I fell in love. I like a really light color to add an extra pop of brightening so I use #2.
- Nars foundation. A small amount goes a long way and it leaves my skin lookin flawless.
- Bare Minerals Foundation. In the summer especially, I often want a light natural look that won’t make me look like I am melting in the heat. This is my favorite.
- Nars Blush. I have used the orgasm color for years and LOVE. They recently came out with a liquid version that I have switched too. Both are the perfect color.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. If I can contour myself with this amazing kit than anyone can.
- Nars LipStick. These colors are perfect for summer and stay on for hours without a weird smudge situation happening.
- Farsali Setting Spray. Yes Yes… I recently stepped my game up and bought a setting spray. I’m fancy. Anywho, I LOVE. It’s infused with gold flakes and rosehip seed oil, for a hydrating, alcohol-free mist.
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. Just trust me on this one. Buy it and thank me later.
As stated at the beginning of this blog I am made of roughly 50% self tanner (if needed) and 50% dry shampoo (always needed). I get weekly blowouts and I will apply a full bottle before I wash my hair at home 😆 Its a lot of hair to work with! Any who, I can confidentially say that I have put in the research on these topics and am linking my favorites below
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo. I use this on the daily. It works wondering. Spray it on. Let it bake a little. Then rub it in to get rid of the weight powder appearance.
- Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast. If you want the effects of dry shampoo with some added volume this is your new best friend.
- Ouai Dry Shampoo. Another brand I often use and love. They make a ‘dry shampoo foam’ really doest he trick. I know it sounds weird “foam” but I swear it works! Michael, for some reason, doesn’t like the way this one smells 😆so I don’t use it as much.
- St. Tropez Self Tanner. It does exactly what its suppose to without leaving you orange, smelling weird or full of streaks. I don’t know if this is the right order but I always shower, exfoliate, apply lotion, then my self tanner. I swear it lasts longer this way.
- Herbivore CoCo Rose. Amazing hydrating body scrub that smells oh so lovely. This brand, in general, has great products!
Lastly, I’ll share just some miscellaneous items that I also love. Ex- face masks, brush cleaner, roller ect…
- Rose Quartz Roller. DA BEST! Helps promotes lymphatic drainage and reduce facial puffiness including the appearance of dark under-eye circles. You can keep it in your freezer for an extra bump of goodness.
- Slip Silk Pillow Case & Mask. Helps protect your skin and hair. Keeps my blowouts fresh while decreasing wrinkles and creases on my face.
- Daily Brush Cleaner. Great for a quick daily cleanse of your makeup brushes! Small enough to travel with also.
- Herbivore Rose Spray. I love to travel with this because well, airplane air. Its a facial mist that is very hydrating. Great to keep your skin happy for long travel days, beach days, ect…
- Fresh Rose Mask. Another great go to in the summer to help keep your face moisturized!